Amateur Race Info
2017 Amateur Tech Guide is now available at the following LINK. A printed 2017 Tech Guide will be handed out at Packet Pickup.
- All 2017 USAC are in effect.
- Events will be held rain or shine.
- Racers must successfully complete each stage in order to be eligible for the next one.
- Helmets must be worn at all times while on the bike.
- Valid and current USAC license must be presented at registration.
- Promoter reserves the right to adjust start times and mileage.
- Promoter reserves the right to cancel/combine events and prize lists as necessary.
- Overall place determined by lowest accumulated time.
- Held under USAC Permit: 2017-799
STAGE RACE RULES:
Each rider's general classification shall be calculated by summing the rider's time in all individual stages, taking into account any time bonuses and penalties. In case two or more riders are tied in their final general classifications, their order shall be determined by adding their places obtained in each stage. If this does not suffice to break the tie, ties are broken by place in the criterium.
GC Time Bonuses -
Will be awarded in road race and the criterium only. No bonuses in the time trial.
|Race||1st Place||2nd Place||3rd Place|
|Thursday Time Trial||none||none||none|
|Saturday Road Race||10 secs||6 secs||4 secs|
|Sunday Criterium||10 secs||6 secs||4 secs|
2017 Prize Money: $8,400 cash purse with a total of over $10,000 in cash and merchandise to be awarded.
Cat 2, 3 & 4 only
* Men and Women:
- Men 1, 2 - top three Cat 2's will earn bonus money of $110, $90, $70
- Men 2, 3 - top three Cat 3's will earn bonus money of $100, $80, $60
- Men 3, 4 - top three Cat 4's will earn bonus money of $$90, 70, 50
- Men 4, 5 - top three Cat 5's will earn bonus merchandise awards
- Women 3, 4, 5 - top three Cat 4's and top three Cat 5's will each earn bonus merchandise awards.
** Master Men - 50+ & 60+ racers are eligible for the 40+ GC purse. The 50-59 and 60+ purse is bonus GC money. Please note that the 50-59 bonus money is not available to the 60+ rider. Only 40+ and 60+ money are available for a top-placing 60+ rider.
*** Master Women - 50+ racers are eligible for the 40+ GC purse. 50+ is bonus.